Wednesday 20 March 2013

I think I might be mad!


I know it is difficult to believe but Spring is officially here! At 11:02 today the vernal equinox occurred.

Well earlier at 07:00 I was standing out in a snow shower with the 2m yagi monitoring the ISS downlink on 145.800MHz. This was a school contact with Australia being operated via a telebridge using an Italian ground station. Details here http://www.southgatearc.org/news/march2013/ariss_event_2003.htm

I did get a reasonable signal during the pass but sadly it was marred yet again by interference.

The weather is dreadful at the moment, the picture above shows the view out of the shack window last Sunday afternoon. I had hoped to capture various satellite transmissions but the weather was atrocious. It rained most of the day and then around 14:00 it turned into a short lived heavy snow shower.

On Monday night I went to catch the evening pass of STRaND-1 and AAUSAT3 only for it to start raining once I had got set up!

No comments: