Saturday 3 November 2012

ISS received in the carpark of Derby Hospital

There was an Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) school contact planned with participants at Primarschule Aesch, Forch, Switzerland around 13:50 UTC.

Ideally I would have been at home at that time during my lunch hour and would have brought out the big guns to make a decent recording as I've done in the past. Instead yesterday saw me spending most of the day at The Royal Derby Hospital.

But I planned ahead and took along my trusty Realistic PRO-26 to see what I could receive in the car park if I got the chance, which I did!



I actually received a few minutes more but I hadn't packed a spare battery for the camera and it ran out.. doh!


I was using a Watson W-881 Super Gainer but it's length precludes being able to stand it up.. hence the horizontal polarisation!

No comments: