Monday 7 January 2008

Poetic Justice

Photobucket

Now I love Top Gear and it's presenter Jeremy Clarkson but his latest stunt made me smile.

Clarkson published his account details in a column in The Sun to back up his claims that the child benefit data loss furore, which resulted in the loss of unencrypted CDs containing bank details of 25m people, was a lot of fuss about nothing.

Clarkson published his account number and sort code, along with clues to his address, insisting that the worst that could happen was that someone could pay money into his account. Well a few days later and Clarkson has been forced to admit he was wrong after an unidentified prankster set up a £500 direct debit from the account to the charity Diabetes UK, the BBC reports.

"The bank cannot find out who did this because of the Data Protection Act and they cannot stop it from happening again," Clarkson said in a column published in the Sunday Times. "I was wrong and I have been punished for my mistake."

Clarkson now says of the case: "Contrary to what I said at the time, we must go after the idiots who lost the discs and stick cocktail sticks in their eyes until they beg for mercy."

Oh and Clarkson recently had this to say about the Skoda Roomster which I got as a courtesy car a few weeks back and was pleasantly surprised by what a capable fun car it was.

No comments: